Rules & InformationOnsite sign-in will be at the Dachshunds Race Tent. Onsite sign-in starts 1 hour before races (9:00 am). Dachshunds should be signed in at least 30 minutes before their race.
About the RacesRace Descriptions:
- Puppy – 4 months to 1 year old
- Adult – 1 year to 9 year old
- Veteran – 9 year +
Each winner of the championship race will receive a $50 Gift Card
All participants receive a “treat bag”
- $15.00, which includes entrance fee to Dachtoberfest for 2 handlers
Rules & Regulations
- Must be a Dachshund
- All Doxies (purebred or mixed breed) need to be registered. Registration forms can be obtained online or day of race.
- All owners must sign their registration forms in the provided location or their registration will be void. Refunds will not be given if signatures are not provided.
- Participants agree to allow video/photos and all media publications of themselves and dogs.
- All humans are required to sign a consent and waiver releasing event sponsors and volunteers from all liabilities.
- Dogs names will be called twice before the race, if your dog is not at the gate at the time of the race, you forfeit the race and there will be no refund given.
- Two humans limit can accompany each contestant; a releaser and a catcher. The releaser puts the dog in the shoot. NO tossing or pushing of dogs . The catcher must stay clearly BEHIND the HUMAN line ten feet behind the finish line.
- Please be aware of veterinary emergency clinics locations before the day of the race just in case. There may be non-site First Aid. All injury costs are responsibility of participant.
- A winner is declared when the first dog finishes with all four paws across the finish line. If it is close between 2 dogs, the first nose to cross the finish line wins.
- All Judges Rulings are final!
- No selling of dogs or puppies or any other animals or products.
- ABSOLUTELY no mishandling or physical abuse of dogs will be tolerated.
- DO NOT leave animals in car. Event staff reserves the right to involve the proper authorities if an animal is deemed at risk.
- All dogs must be socialize and leashed. NO FEMALES IN HEAT!!
- All creatures great and small must clean up after themselves-PLEASE bring waste bags.
- Dogs must wear velcro hanky to participate in race. Owners will receive this upon check in and please return after your heat.
- All creatures great and small are welcome to attend the event.
- Due to the number of dogs racing, the event will take place most of the morning into the early afternoon to conduct. Please understand you may have a wait time between races before your dog participates. Bring a tent and/or chair to relax while awaiting your heat.
- Please be sure your dog is well-socialized and leashed at all times.
- The only serious thing about this race is FUN!!!!